Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Simulation



Here is a diagram of my life in the past 2 days. Traces of the places I have been--Monday in green, Tuesday in red. 

I think if I keep this going, maybe using some app in my phone to trace my everyday movement, in some way this is my life/history's simulator?


"It is no longer a question of imitation, nor of reduplication, nor even of parody. I t is rather a question of substituting signs of the real for the real itself, that is, an operation to deter every real process by its operational double, a metastable, programmatic, perfect descriptive ma- chine which provides all the signs of the real and short-circuits all its vicissitudes.  " --page4


If my phone traces all the places I have been for me, presents my life for me, day after day, and all of the traces are recorded, then I do not have to live the real life anymore, my phone can substitute my life for me, in the map that's inside of the digital world. The phone takes over me and reduplicated me  in another "real" world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

a poem

You wake up in the morning 9 am, a piece of lonely cloud above your eyes you think it's telling you not to look at her You get up,...