Tuesday, November 7, 2017

glllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllitch

Broken beauty. 

For my final project, I am going to challenge myself to try out glitch art. The first time I have ever heard about it is a former SAIC student talking about one of her classes on Youtube. I was drawn to this technological art craft immediately. There is infinite possibility and randomness within this broken beauty. 

I plan to just keep taking random photos from day to day, and use the app "ImageGlitch" to do the glitching. I have tried just using TextEdit to break the image but it is not working on my laptop, so this software is going to be my creative space. 

My goal is to get at least 20 images glitched, and select maybe 10 with titles. 

I hope that my project will turn out exciting. 

berd

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I like this. Usually whenever there is a glitch in technology it is usually out of control of people, but for you (as well as other artists) to purposefully do this, it is such a strong commentary on the power of technology and people's role in relation to it.

    ReplyDelete

a poem

You wake up in the morning 9 am, a piece of lonely cloud above your eyes you think it's telling you not to look at her You get up,...